Thursday, December 11, 2014

Saying Goodbye



Today we spent our last day in Williamsburg with some of our dear friends, the Jones'.

We excitedly explored the pet store, where the kids got to pet a snake and turtle (my boys dreams were coming true). We devoured Which Wich oreo chocolate milk shakes that have easily become our favorite. Then we took our walking circus to Trader Joe's to grab some yummy holiday treats. With two mamas and five little ones in tow, we got a lot of stairs, scowls, and smiles.

It was wonderful, but hard to say goodbye when the time came.

Our last evening in West Point was spent with my good friend Jessie and her family. We ate warm cornbread and chili, and visited for several hours while the kids ran around making messes. It was relaxing, enjoyable, delicious, and a bit heartbreaking.

I've decided I'm not good at goodbyes. I hate them.

Virginia will always have a piece of my heart, and I will never forget all the friends and family I've come to know and love while living here.

I came to Virginia 6 1/2 years ago with empty arms. But now, I'm leaving with more than I could have imagined.

Goodbye Virginia. We love you. 


3 comments: