Thursday, November 14, 2013

Chicago

Let me take a moment to brag about my husband… Brandon is a State Farm Agent and recently qualified for a trip to Chicago by selling more loans in one month than any other Agent in the entire company. 

He's kind of a big deal. :) 

Anyways, the trip that he won didn't exactly involve me, but he insisted I come along and that we go a couple days early so I could experience the city, too.  

Some of the things we did were...


We researched some of the best places to eat and found famous deep-dish pizza, tasty Chicago hot dogs, a juicy steak house, cinnamon-roll french toast, chocolate chip french toast, strawberry waffles, and bananas crepes. We're beginning to consider ourselves "foodies". ;) And the pizza by the way was the best I've ever had. SO. GOOD. 
We met up with one of Brandon's long lost friends, Seth, and spent the morning visiting and laughing with him. 
We entered the wicket lottery and WON! When Brandon's name was called we both yelled and made a little bit of a scene, but we are huge Wicked fans and were ecstatic to have front row seats. Yes, I said front row. There was nothing but the stage in front of us and we could peek over and see the orchestra work their magic. We could even see spit flying.  It was glorious. 

We spent one evening walking around Millennium Park enjoying the architecture and recently hung Christmas lights. 

I am so grateful for such a wonderful husband who works incredibly hard but still makes his family his first priority. He is absolutely wonderful. 



5 comments:

  1. How fun is that?! Chicago has always been one of my favorite cities to spend a few days at. My husband and I are trying to figure out sometime in the beginning of Dec that we can make a visit. After seeing this post, I know I have to make it happen! The christmas lights sold me. ;) I'm glad you two had fun! - Court | http://lovecourtxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys!! I love you and the love you have for your man and travel and most of all good food!!! xoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun Whit! So happy you were able to explore and venture around Chicago! Way to to go, Brandon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous of front row Wicked tickets! That's awesome. Sounds like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like fun! How sweet you got to go with Brandon, and I think it's a wife's duty to properly brag about her husband when he's too humble to do it himself. At least every once in a while, otherwise it's overkill. :) Way to go Brandon!

    ReplyDelete